Masters Of Identity: Part 2
John sits down with Doc Searls the Author of the IMntention Economy and Joyce Searls of the Searls Group to discuss the state of Identity, Privacy and terrorism, Trader Joes and the future of advertising on the web.
Offer your members a new way to do more with personal data. Click Here.
In This Episode:
- Doc Searls discusses the history of The Intention Economy, The Cluetrain Manifesto, and Project VRM, and how they led to his co-founding of the Internet Identity Workshop.
- Identity as currency, and what has changed now that people are discussing blockchain and identity.
- How blockchain can solve the issues of identity at the individual level.
- Sovereign source identity; what it is, why people should be able to control it, and the benefits to managing identity in the blockchain for both organizations and individuals.
- How the Identity model can be used for authentication based on trust and reputation, and why it is more than just a collection of an individual’s collected attributes.
- The intersection of marketing and identity.
- Web based centralizing service platforms and why they should be unnecessary in the era of identity, connections and reputation.
- Digital harvesting, surveillance capitalism, and identity control.
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
About the Author