A Further Exploration Of The Blockchain
In This Episode:
- John revisits and expands upon the .csv example he used in last week’s podcast to explain the difference between private and public blockchains.
- A further discussion of public and private blockchains, where financial institutions are focusing and why.
- Can a credit union create its own Blockchain?
- The importance of credit union collaboration in order to establish a blockchain, and why it is necessary to establish a broad industry initiative, possibly in conjunction with regulatory body to implement.
- An exploration of credit union Core participation in the blockchain.
- A review of the current FI players who are exploring blockchain technologies
- A discussion of the blockchain relationship with faster payments, wallets, and marketplace lending.
- Blockchain as a technology to simplify various critical records outside of the banking system.
- A discussion of the EU moving toward a cashless society.
URLs related to this week’s BIGcast:
Contact us! Info@bigcu.com – Are you interested in the Blockchain CUSO John explored in this podcast? Would you like to learn more about blockchains? Are you interested in participating in a blockchain experiment? We would like to hear from you. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and type “Info” in the Subject line.
About the Author