What Will The Trump Administration Mean For Payments?
In this episode:
- Why many community bankers and credit union professionals support a Donald Trump presidency.
- How potential changes to regulations such as Dodd Frank, CFPB, and the Durban Amendment might affect credit unions.
- A wide-ranging discussion on possible impacts to net and fee income interest, interest rates, bond yields, overnight funds.
- A discussion of Trump’s cabinet picks, and which cabinet positions might affect credit unions.
For information on the report that John discussed that shows the relationship between card usage and attrition, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
- Setit Credit – Setit Credit allows members to update payment information on multiple high-volume sites, while providing your credit union with a winning solution to capture card not present transactions.
- "Fintech and the Brexit Blowback" – Article Glen published on the CUNA Payments Blog on what the US FinTech market can learn from Brexit.
- "Dueling Economists: Trump's Victory, Fed Future, Recession and More" – Credit Union Journal article presenting the ideas from leading credit union economists, including Bill Hampel, on their visions of the Trump presidency on the credit union movement.
- “Apple is looking into USA manufacturing, and Trump wants to make it happen” – Digital Trends article that discusses the Nikkei Asian Review article on Apple exploring shifting some manufacturing to the US, and the issue that Motorola had when it tried to do so in the past.
About the Author