Blockchain - The Non-Technical Discussion
In This Episode:
- Why blockchain is so much more than Bitcoin and Mt. Gox.
- Why blockchain is valuable.
- A short overview of Bitcoin. Is it alive, dead or evolving, and how does it really work?
- Blockchain as a distributed database.
- Why cloud-based currencies make people and institutions nervous.
- Blockchain key features include, “...mechanisms to make it hard to change historical records, or at least make it easy to detect when someone is trying to do so”.
- Cryptology as a security management tool.
- Need not be currency oriented, or even financially oriented.
- CFTC has classified Bitcoin as a commodity, opening it up to regulation. How does this effect people’s views of the product?
- Cloud concerns and considerations.
- Public vs. Private blockchains: guess where banks are focusing.
- Who is filing blockchain patents, and why?
- Regulatory aspects of blockchain for CUs.
- No Lightening Round this week, but John quizzes Glen on blockchain topics and FAQs.
URLs related to this week’s BIGcast:
About the Author